Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Social Media: A view from the intern's chair

By Joe Flanagan, Intern, S. Dale High Center for Family Business

Before joining the Center for Family Business this summer, my social media knowledge was limited. Sure I was a college student familiar with the evolving Facebook, but my understanding of the broader social media network was not terribly deep. Coming to the Center for Family Business two months ago has expanded my knowledge and has allowed me to experience the business world first-hand. More specifically, I believe I am not only capable in social media, but even social media savvy.

In addition to working with the business Facebook page and website, I have become acquainted with other social media tools such as Twitter and LinkedIn. Before this summer I had never worked with either of these networks, and now I have a LinkedIn account that has already acted as a start-up instrument for my professional career. The ability to use this is an asset that I now possess and am thankful of the Center for Family Business. With technology improving every day, I am now of understanding how vital social media is in the professional world.

1 comment:

  1. Joe,
    You've chosen your Social Media involvements well. Best of luck, and no matter what kind of position you obtain upon graduation, your social media savvy will serve you well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...