Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Stepping into a global businessman's shoes at the World Business Forum

by Allan Craven '11, International Business/Spanish Major at Elizabethtown College

Attending the 2010 World Business Forum while still an undergraduate gave me the chance to step into the life of a global businessman seeking to improve his or her company strategy by analyzing the feasibility of various speakers' ideas on innovation, relationships, and creativity.

I felt truly honored to be in a room with so many esteemed executives while still a student, and I really enjoyed the opportunity to hear from such well-known speakers on topics relevant to the business world today. I particularly enjoyed the presentations by Jim Collins on building greatness within a company, Jack Welch about employee incentive and reward, and Al Gore on the relationship between business and the environment.

I know that this conference gave me the valuable chance to see where pertinent issues can be applied to business at the company level before I even enter the job market.

Allan was one of five Elizabethtown College students and faculty members attending the 2010 World Business Forum in New York City, a program underwritten by The High Companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...